Thanksgiving Oreo Turkey Edible Place Card Holders
Submitted by Linda Patchin
These edible decorations have been a part of our Thanksgiving tradition since my children were wee little things. It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without them!
24 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
12 miniature peanut butter cups
12 malted milk balls
1 cup candy corn
4 ounces chocolate frosting
4 ounces white frosting
red food coloring
1. Place one Oreo cookie as the base. Put one teaspoon of chocolate frosting on top.
2. Place one small peanut butter cup on it’s side so that the top and bottom are perpendicular to the base — and stuck in the frosting.
3. For the second cookie. Stick some candy corn into the Oreo ‘stuff’ along one edge for the feathers — pointy side down. They should fan out around the edge. If you have trouble doing this, you can help them stick with some white frosting.
4. Place this second Oreo cookie (the tail) on it’s edge and stick to a dab of brown frosting on the back of the peanut butter cup.
5. Place a dab of chocolate frosting on top of the peanut butter cup (for the head). Place a malted milk ball on top for the head.
6. Take a small amount of the white frosting in a separate dish. Mix in red food coloring.
7. Use a toothpick with the white and red colors to place eyes, and wattle. You can pinch off the small pointy top of a candy corn and dip it in brown frosting for the beak.
8. Your turkey is complete! Add a placecard and enjoy.